Siebel Repository Extract (SRE) Tool – A Must Have For Siebel Developers

Launching

Pic - Dashboard

Pic – Dashboard

Development Challenge

• Manually extracting new/modified object details from Siebel repository to prepare Technical Design Document.
  • Time-consuming process – With the increase in number of objects, time taken to extract them also increases proportionally.

Solution

• Siebel Repository Extract (SRE) Tool
  • SRE Tool will automate the process of extracting Siebel object details from Siebel repository to excel sheets.
  • It will also formats the data, making it ready to be used in your Technical Design Document.

Process Improvement

• Eliminates the need of manual efforts.
  • Achieves time reduction of 99.29%.

Features

• Supports 31 most commonly worked upon Siebel Object Types.
  • Supports access to Server, Local or Sample databases through ODBC connections.

Versions Available

Trial vs Full Version

Trial vs Full Version

Download Presentation/User Guide

Download Trial Version

Purchase Full Version

• To purchase full version (Single User License) of SRE Tool, click SRE Tool – Full Version
  • Limited period 25% discount code – “CRACKERDISC”

In case of any difficulty in downloading/purchasing the tool, please leave a comment.

16 responses to this post.

1. Posted by David Chauncy on April 17, 2013 at 3:10 AM

I am getting the following error:

Error Number: -2147217865
    Error Description: [Microsoft]ODBC Driver Manager. Invalide object name ‘SIEBEL.S_APPLET’.

Our schema is “dbo”, not “SIEBEL”.

2. Posted by David Chauncy on April 18, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Hi Suansh

Thank you so much for your quick response. I have a critical piece of work that your tool may be able to help with so your help is appreciated. Is there a way I can contact you directly.

David

• Hello David,

I am glad that CrackingSiebel.com has been able to offer customizable version of SRE Tool and you have already purchased the full version of same.

Please do provide your feedback on the tool.

Thanks
      Suansh

3. Hi Suansh,
    Thanks for this wonderful tool..
    I just tried the trail version of this tool.. to see how it goes ..(https://crackingsiebel.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/siebel-repository-extract-sre-tool-trial-dbo1.xls)
    I got a error Error message –
    Invalid Column name ‘VLDTN_MSG_REF’

I also used this version – https://crackingsiebel.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/siebel-repository-extract-sre-tool-trial.xls

The error message is – Invalid Object Name ‘SIEBEL.S_APPLET’

I would like to know the prerequisites like Siebel version, we are using Siebel 7.7
    Does this work for any Siebel Version ?

Regards
    Jana

• Hello Jana

Thanks for trying our SRE Tool. This tool is designed and tested for Siebel 8.1.x.

As per your inputs on error messages using two different SRE tool versions, I can say that:

1) Error for Invalid Object on using siebel-repository-extract-sre-tool-trial.xls signifies that your schema version is “dbo”, not “SIEBEL”. Please confirm.

2) Error for Invalid Column signifies that you are using different version than Siebel 8.1.x. This you have already confirmed.

Regards
      Suansh

• Posted by Janardhana on June 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Suansh,
        We r still on Siebel 7.7 , I will definitely revisit this site once we upgrade..
        Thanks for your response.
        Jana

4. Hello Suansh,

I tried the trial version. Nice tool! I would like to buy the full version but am not able to do this via buynsellindia. I am living in the Netherlands. Is there another way to buy it? How much is the tool in Euro’s?

Regards,
    Jaap

• Hello Jaap

Thanks for your kind interest in SRE Tool.

I have sent you an email to your id – j***.j.*****n@gmail.com with all details and alternative link for international purchases.

Please let me know in case of any concerns.

Looking forward to your feedback on licensed SRE tool experience.

Thanks
      Suansh

5. Posted by Julian Wassersztrum on December 19, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Hello Suansh,
    I would like to buy the full version. I live in Canada. How can I buy it, and what is the price for the tool in either US$ or CN$?
    Regards,
    Julian

• Hi Julian,

I have sent an email with subject as ‘Cracking Siebel: Siebel Repository Extract (SRE) Tool’ to your Gmail mailbox.

Kindly refer it for further details.

Thanks
      Suansh

6. Posted by sam on January 30, 2015 at 9:44 PM

could you please let me know the process to get the full version? You can send it to my email id

7. Posted by Dhwarakdoss on June 26, 2015 at 12:10 PM

Hi Suansh,

Wonderful tool.Thanks.

I would like to purchase the full version. let me know the details to avail this.

8. Posted by Jose M. Albarran on August 17, 2016 at 9:32 PM

Hi, Suansh

Thanks for creating this tool! Past week my colleague Javier Carrasco bought the full version, but we are having a problem.

We have Siebel 7.5, and we run, we get the error “TYPE_CD” column not found, and the most folders are generated empty (eg, Applet Control, Applet List Column, Applet User Prop, Buscomp Field, Buscomp Field User Prop, Pick Map, Join, Constraint, Specification, MVL, View Model, …)

Please, could you check, or, in meantime generate a version that, in case of error, let us continue with the rest of the folders.

P.S: My colleague is out of office until end of month, but we need to run this earlier

Appreciate your feedback

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s