Adding keyboard shortcut (known as Accelerators in Siebel) to application level menu items. In this case study, I will try to add ‘CTRL + M‘ as a keyboard shortcut to ‘Help – About View‘ option in the application menu as shown below:
Keyboard shortcuts are configured as ‘Accelerator’ objects in Siebel. Accelerator is the child object of ‘Command’ object in Siebel Tools -> Object Explorer window.
Steps to be followed
- Select ‘Command’ in Object Explorer window in Siebel Tools
- Query for ‘About View (SWE)’ in the Name property.
- Select the ‘Accelerator’in Object Explorer window and create a New record as follow:
- Display Name: CTRL+M (Shortcut key combination to be displayed in application level menu)
- Browser Platform: All
- Key Sequence: CTRL+M (Sequence of key strokes to be pressed to invoke this command)
- Compile the changes.